2012 Seeking New Members!
The Wilson Whirligig Festival is coordinated by the Festival Board of Directors and Festival Planninig Committee. Both are comprised of volunteer citizens dedicated to bring the best possible festival activities to Wilson. The mission of the festival is to create a community driven festival celebrating diversity through arts, crafts and culture. Planning meetings are held year-round and open to all Wilson citizens.
We are seeking to add new members to the Board in 2012 - how about you?
Why join the Planning Committee?
- We are an award winning festival. Be part of a group that aims high!
- Laugh and enjoy being on a board. So many are boring - we are not - we promise!
- Give back to the community. Nothing makes us happer that seeing people smile.
- Whirligigs! We got them!
See current members of the planning committee, we would love to have you join us
Join us each month- Festival Planning Meetings:
Wilson Arts Council
3rd Floor - Library
12 noon (bring your own lunch)
Join a Planning Committees:
- Publicity Committee – plans the marketing needs for the festival
- Entertainment Committee – plans the schedule of bands and performances
- Site Committee – plans the logistics of the festival including parking, traffic and booth locations
- Vendor Committee – plans the variety of booth types and communicates with vendors
- Reception Committee –plans the Friday night kick off reception
- Children’s Committee – plans the children zone, entertainment and performances
- Cultural Committee – plans the interactive cultural performances and demonstrations
- Decoration Committee – plans and implements the public area, signs and decorative components
- Special Events Committee – are established as needed for events associated with the festival
For more information, contact the Festival Coordinator, Theresa Mathis by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org