Click on the activity listing below to learn more about the....
Keeping the Whirligig Festival Fun for Everyone!
We want to make sure that our festival is an enjoyable experience for EVERYONE
In that spirit, there are a few reminders we ask you to observe:
- Festival hours are 10 am - 5 pm on Saturday.
- Festival horus are 12 noon - 5 pm on Sunday.
- The festival is presented rain or shine.
- Lost and Found will be located at the Festival Information/Hospitality tent on the corner of Nash and Tarboro. This includes lost parents and children.
- Children enjoying the Whirli-Kidz Zone and festival should be chaperoned by an adult or parent. Children should not be "dropped off" at the festival.
- Absolutely no alcohol may be brought onto the festival grounds.
- No open containers are allowed at the festival.
- Disorderly conduct and/or underage drinking will not be tolerated. Anyone appearing intoxicated or displaying disruptive behavior will be asked to leave.
- No glass containers of any kind (including bottles, jars, bowls etc.) may be brought onto festival grounds.
- No weapons of any kind are allowed at the event.
- Friendly pets are allowed at the festival but must remain on a leash at all times. No Pets are allowed around performance stage areas and are the are the responsibility of the owner including cleaning up after the animal and maintaining control of the animal at all times. We reserve the right to ask you to remove yourself or your animal from the premises, if either of you are affecting the enjoyment of others.
- Parking is free in many lots and side streets around the festival. Certain side streets and interior lots are blocked off for use by the festival.
- Any vehicles within the festival zone should be removed by 6 pm Friday night. Any vehicle in the festival zone from 6 pm, Friday - 5 pm, Sunday, will be towed at the owners expense.
- Do not move, adjust or remove traffic barriers or saftey cones on the streets along the festival zone. These are provided for your safety and guidance during the festival.